LE CASE STORICHE

The oldest and architecturally interesting homes are located in what can be called the historic center of Cercivento, in the highest part of the village, no more than 300 meters away from the church.
 
Rising along the "Via da Vile", we immediately meet on the right the House Pitt, dating from the seventeenth century. That's one of the oldest houses of Cercivento; It suffered a fire started by Nazi soldiers during World War II that destroyed much of the furniture inside. On the ground floor there is a cultural club with tavern, to the right of the niche houses a statue of Mary Immaculate; the arch in tuff leads to Busort courtyard.
 
Going uphill in our visit, always on the right, we find the house maybe more particular characteristic of the whole country: the House Tiridin (or House Constantina, as it is called in some texts). An inscription placed on the big arch in tuff reminds us that the house was built in 1634, by that arc start at the two walls that surround the beautiful courtyard. The property is built on two floors, characterized by open galleries with four and six arches. The takes its name from Giovanni Dassi (called "Tiridin"), the sole owner of the building, and consisted of bedrooms, small stores, fenced vegetable garden, barn and stable; from 1867 onwards the different environments were assigned to more people. In this house I was born several major retailers for the village that moved in Germany for their business (we are at the end of the seventeenth century).
  
Besides the House Tiridin opens a small square, on which stands another very interesting house to the historical and architectural point of view: the House Morassi. Built shortly after Tiridin (1690) by Gianfilippo Morassi, the building is characterized by a beautiful stone portal and featured on the facade, until not long ago, a clock whose stone counterweights, inside the block, reached the floor. Adjoining the house was built in 1700 a small chapel dedicated to Our Lady, which still retains several sacred objects and relics; once, at the pavement in front of the house it was a large tub that was used both for the villagers (who used the water for domestic use) and for farm animals. This house was the birthplace of many famous people in the history of the country; of all we remember the priest Felice Maria Morassi (1724-1776), excellent philosophy teacher who lent his support offices in Milan and Rome.
 
Below the House Morassi here is the House Vezzi: This simple house was the residence of the servants of House Morassi and is therefore conceivable that the construction is roughly coeval. Architecturally they collect much interest the obvious support of stone, which supports the whole structure, and the left edge falling dramatically. Living area deserve mention time on the ceilings on the ground floor and the old stone stairs. The entrance is narrow, almost "suffocated" in the same edge and support tuff. This is a typical Carnic house with white walls and stone parts left in full view on the corners.
 
Across the street, we found House Citârs, built back in 1577 and for this considerable the oldest of the old town. This building hosted, in addition to the residence of the owner, a ceramics factory that passed the property from father to son and that was very well known outside of the village: among the various productions is interesting to note that of tiles, frames and even holy water fonts. The raw material for these processes - the clay - was taken at the right bank of the stream Gladegna (in locations Gjai), transported through a mule in the village and worked in the courtyard behind the building, where once stood two large tanks clay treatment. The name "Citârs" comes from the fact that the potters who worked there they adopted special paints, very lively, produced with the use of still unknown plant substances. Of particular interest are the religious figurines produced by "citars" and exhibited in a display case representing some religious figures: Saint John, the Holy Spirit, two little angels, the crucifix and two statues of the Holy Mother.

Casa Tiridin
Casa Tiridin  (Ph. Nicola Silverio - www.nicolasilveriofotografo.it)
Casa Tiridin (Ph. Nicola Silverio - www.nicolasilveriofotografo.it)
Casa Vezzi
Casa Morassi
Casa Citars

Fields with an asterisk are obligatory.

In terms of Regulation EU 679/2016.
I declare to have read the general regulations that pertain to privacy laws
Illegio Fondazione CRUP SECAB Facebook Instagram YouTube Privacy

Cookie Policy

Credits